Most roofs make up more than half of a home’s exterior, so it’s important that your Denver roof compliments your home’s color scheme and style. Selecting new roofing shingles is a great opportunity to boost your curb appeal and bring it all together!
Here are some things to consider when re-roofing your Colorado roof:
1. How do I choose a color?
· Select a color for your Colorado roof that matches an existing color or creates a third tone that blends nicely with the paint on the side of the house or trim.
· Also, try to select a color that fits in with the terrain. For example, if you live in a desert landscape select natural colors. If you live in a lush green area, a dark green or even a light blue blends nicely.
· Choose a color based on your climate. If you live in a cold climate, select a roof color that is darker and will absorb the sun's rays. If you live in a hot climate, like Arizona or Florida, choose a light color to reflect the heat.
· Consider a shingle with various granule colors. This will help mesh your roof with the rest of your Colorado home, including your paint, siding, brick and trim.
2. Should I select shingles with dimension for my Denver roof?
· If your Denver home’s exterior is plain or monochromatic trying bringing some life to it! As Denver’s roofing expert, Roof Worx recommends selecting a shingle that is thicker and has multiple layers like CertainTeed’s Landmark™ Triple Laminate (http://www.certainteed.com/products/roofing/residential/308956) or CertainTeed’s Presidential Shake™ Triple Laminiate (http://www.certainteed.com/products/roofing/residential/309019).
3. What about performance?
· Roof performance is essential when it comes to Denver roofing! We live in an area that experiences high winds and frequent hail storms, so look for shingles that are durable, are wind resistance and a long expected life span. Also, consider Impact Resistant shingles. These shingles are designed with a mesh backing to withstand those temperamental Colorado hail storms! When roofing your Denver home consider CertainTeed’s Landmark™ IR (http://www.certainteed.com/products/roofing/residential/308941) or TruDefinition® Duration STORM™ Impact-Resistant Shingles with WeatherGuard® (http://roofing.owenscorning.com/homeowner/shingles/trudef-duration-storm.aspx).
Your Denver roof can make or break your home’s curb appeal, so ensure you are always putting your best foot forward! Contact Roof Worx today for your free roofing consultation. Our team is happy to provide color and shingles samples and help guide you through the roofing selection process. Contact your local Denver roofer at (303) 353-1825.