- Blog Series
- colorado springs roofers
- Denver Roof Replacement
- Denver roofing
- Denver Roofing Repair Company
- fort collins roofers
- Free Roof Inspection
- Inc 5000
- Roof Hail Damage
- Roof Maintenance
- Roof Worx
- Roofing Colorado
- Roofing Contractor
- Roofing Denver
- Roofing Repair
- Tile Roofs
- Top Roofing Company
Roofing Denver Homes – Roof Worx
The winter holidays are behind you, most of the snow has melted, and there are signs of spring arriving with the tulips and daffodils trying to make that early appearance. Your local Denver roofing company, Roof Worx always looks forward to spring. This time of year breathes new life into homeowners who have holed up during the winter months. As a Denver roofing company, we know that homeowners should make sure their roof and gutters are in tip top shape for the upcoming summer months. Knowing that spring and summer bring potential for torrential rainstorms or severe hailstorms, making sure that your roof and gutters are in tip top shape must be a priority.
Denver roofing companies like Roof Worx, know that it is time to check the exterior of your home to see if any damage has occurred over the harsh winter months. Roof Worx, your local Denver roofing company sees two options to make sure your roof is ready for spring and summer. First, you can contact your local Denver roofer, who serves the I-25 corridor from Colorado Springs to the Wyoming border and request a free 14 point roof inspection. Or secondly, you can give your own roof a quick once over to see how it faired over the winter.
If you are going to look at the roof and gutters on your home, here are a few tips of things you can check for while inspecting your roof. Checking for issues now may prevent future leaks which could damage the interior of your home.
- Safety First – When setting up a ladder to access your roof, make sure the spur-type safety shoes on the ladder feet are gripping properly before climbing. Always make sure that your ladder is set properly and tied off to the roof or gutters. Always be aware of any overhead power lines and set ladders well away from them to prevent electrical shock. All Denver Roofers should follow these safety guidlines.
- Loose or Missing Shingles – When your roof is free of snow, check for loose or missing shingles. Also look to see if any of the shingles are “humped” where “nail pops” raise the shingles which may have exposed it to the howling winter winds. Repair any humped shingles and hand seal loose shingles using roofing cement. Denver Roofers see missing shingles from the high winds we receive in the spring.
- Flashing and Pipe Jacks – Check flashing around chimney and pipe jacks to make sure that they didn’t sustain any damage. Penetrations of the roof covering i.e. plumbing vents, chimneys, roof vents, etc. are more likely to be sources of a leak. Use a good grade of clear silicone caulk to make the needed repairs or if in bad enough shape, have the flashing and boot jacks replaced.
- Call a Professional – If the job is beyond your expertise or you’re not comfortable being up on the roof, please call your Denver roofing company, Roof Worx at (303) 353-1825. We are available to assist you in assessing any roofing situation you may have which includes emergency temporary repairs such as weatherproofing your roof due to interior leakage issues. The importance of checking your roof frequently will allow problem areas to be quickly identified to prevent more significant and costly repairs.
Roof Worx services the entire Front Range of Colorado, specifically from the Cheyenne, Wyoming area to Colorado Springs, Colorado which encompasses many communities such as Ft. Collins, Boulder, Broomfield, Arvada, Lakewood, Denver, Highlands Ranch, Parker, and Castle Rock. Please call us at our Thornton, Co office @ (303) 353-1825.
Call your Denver Roofing Contractor, Roof Worx, to schedule your free Denver Roofing inspection. Re-roofing Denver one roof at a time.